Dusit Thani the hotels’ chain from Thailand has its 5-star hotel based in Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Road. As a travel and hotels blogger and photographer, this summer I had a chance to visit there, take some photographs and experience the Thai way of welcoming their guests.
The staff and hospitality of the hotel reflect the traditional Thai culture of welcoming the guests. The staff is well aware of what they are doing. Check-ins during the holidays can be a bit busy but the check-in staff will assist you as soon as they can. The interior of the lobby area is very Thailand-like decorated.
The hotel offers rooms with the iconic Burj Khalifa view or the city (Sheikh Zayed Road) view. During busy days it can get tricky to get the Burj Khalifa view rooms so make sure you book and request prior to your stay if possible.
The rooms at Dusit Thani Dubai are quite spacious, highspeed elevators run through the skyscraper building. The corridor that connects the hotel rooms looks nothing like those typical hotel corridors (congested) but more like an open hall area with rooms next to each other (instead of opposite to each other). The interior of the room is decorated inspired by Thai colors, though the style of furniture looks more classic than modern.
What I didn’t like:
- It can take up to an hour or more for your luggage to be brought up to your room on a busy day. I had a work skype call to attend after 15 mins of checking in and for which I was an hour late until my laptop and luggage arrived.
- The interior and furniture could be slightly more modern and well finished, considering it is a 5star hotel.
What I really liked:
- Having a room with Burj Khalifa view can be really worth it.
- The room service is quite fast and the food is not bad in comparison to other hotels’ room service food.
- Convenience. Jones the grocer (restaurant) is just downstairs right in the hotel lobby.
Epic! I just loved Dusit Thani Dubai pool area. It is indoor yet outdoor at the same time! How? Well it has glass walls around it giving panoramic views of downtown and Sheikh Zayed road, as well as open ceiling for some fresh air to come in. The pool gets this perfect filtered light from above (if you are looking for those moody portrait shots by the pool) If you are a travel and hotels blogger or photographer, you’re gonna like it a lot.
If you are planning to do natural light portraits by the pool, do check out my natural light portrait photography article here
One of the things I LOVED about the pool area is the full panoramic view of Downtown Dubai and Burj Khalifa. Too bad you have to shoot through the glass but on a clear day, it can look stunning and can also be used as a perfect backdrop for your natural light portraits.
View this post on Instagram
Overall it was a nice stay there, I hope you enjoy your time there too. For any questions, you can write in the comments section below or DM me on my Instagram @mustafa_sheikh